Letters from Paris
Original mixed media still life artwork as part of the 'No Faux Love' collection
I had just finished watching Emily in Paris season 2 and was thinking about the upcoming of Valentines Day. I'd been wanting to create new work relating to fashion and still life but I'd been having a creative block. Nothing was inspiring me.
This still life artwork is the connector between the two fashion women from the 'No Faux Love' collection. The artwork was inspired by an old red letter which I had wanted to use for a while and also a bouquet of flowers I had received for my birthday. The leopard print cappuccino mug along with similar colour links together this romanticized story of a letter from Paris.
The collection title 'No Faux Love' was inspired by the sustainable practices of Vivienne Westwood using faux fur within her collections. A play on words that even though the leopard print styles may be fake, their love isn't. Connected by this red letter. What the letter reads is up to you.
'No Faux Love' represents the true love and care within those special few relationships we each have whether romantic, friendship or family.
- Original hand drawn artwork using acrylic, recycled paper collage, watercolour, ink, pro marker and oil pastels on Cotton Rag paper.
- A3 size including the white border
- Please note the artwork is sold unframed. Please contact me if you would like to purchase framed.
- Sold individually but can be bought as the full collection at a set price
- For the sale of this artwork, one tree will be planted in partnership with One Tree Planted.
- Packaged with 100% recyclable/biodegradable packaging.