Where possible, Alex will recycle paper, card, fabric and packaging material to use within her artworks as part of a collage or to print with. This is linked with her ethos to avoid waste and inspire a change in others.
Each artwork is completely unique to which materials are used. A few of the original artworks do not use any up-cycled materials so to keep with the aesthetic. Please refer to each artwork description.
You can view Alex's process working with recycled materials over on her Instagram.
Limited-Edition Art Prints
The limited-edition art prints are produced on a 100% recycled, uncoated, unbleached paper stock with a fine textured appearance and feel. The paper is sourced from FSC certified mills.
The company who produced the prints are based in Leeds and have the following credentials:
- The inks they use are non toxic and food safe.
- All 4 inks are made with organic pigments.
- All 4 inks comply with standard de-inking and recycling practices, so can be reintroduced to the recycling loop once they have been printed.
- They are a carbon neutral company
Only 15 of each design were produced so to minimise materials, waste and create an exclusive feel for you.
Planting Trees/Charity Donations
Alex is in partnership with reforestation charity One Tree Planted. To plant one tree they charge $1 (USD)
- At the end of the financial year, Alex will total sales across prints, originals and commissions and donate £1 from every sale.
- £1 = $1.36 (avg) so Alex rounds up the donation to plant the largest amount of trees possible. For example, 10 sales would equal planting 14 trees.
- Previously Alex also donated 10% from commissions and original artworks to different charities. Whilst Alex is setting up her freelance income, she has paused this initiative however hopes to re-start in the near future.
All packaging used to send orders will be recyclable or biodegradable. Alex always try to reuse packaging where possible to reduce waste, so your order may come in a second-hand envelope/cardboard box.
- A5 & A4 prints are sent in cardboard backed envelopes whereas A3 prints are sent rolled in a sturdy, cardboard triangular prism.
- All artworks up to A3 in size are presented in a biodegradable plastic sleeve for additional protection. Made from corn starch, please compost.
- The branded stickers used on envelopes are recyclable, please keep them attached to the cardboard for recycling.
- Alex ties the artworks using Twool: a biodegradable, naturally made twine made from the wool of Dartmoor Sheep. please compost.
The website accepts various methods of secure payments now including Klarna so to make all artworks as accessible as possible.
Please look at the website footer to view payment options.
Alex can also arrange standing orders for commissioned artworks. Please contact Alex with any further questions.
Prints: Free UK shipping & £15 Worldwide shipping. Please allow 2-3 working days for dispatch of your print.
They will be sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class Service for UK & International tracked service for Worldwide. Your order should arrive between 3 and 5 working days of dispatch, but please allow up to 10 days due to seasonal service.
Original Artworks: Free UK shipping & £15 Worldwide shipping Please allow 3-5 days for dispatch of your artwork.
They will be sent via Royal Mail First Class service or via MyHermes dependent on circumstances. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.
Commissioned Artworks: UK & Worldwide shipping is calculated as part of the quote. The price varies as each commission is unique in size and weight.
They will be sent via Royal Mail First Class service or via MyHermes dependent on circumstances. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. This is in addition to creation time.
We do not accept refunds or returns unless the artwork is damaged or faulty.
Please inspect your order upon receiving and contact us immediately if the item is defective or damaged so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
To start a return, please use the Contact form. If your return is accepted, we will issue a refund to the debited account. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or alternative payment method to process the refund too.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
We unfortunately do not offer exchanges.
If you have changed your mind after purchasing and would like to swap for a different artwork, please contact us immediately and we'll try our best to update the order.
Looking After Your Artwork
- Remove your artwork from its packaging carefully to avoid damage.
- Never display any artwork or prints in strong sunlight.
- Prolong the life of your artwork by framing it as soon as possible and use UV protected glass or Perspex when available.
please use the contact form if you have any questions or requests